Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Avec, revisited

Name: Avec
Location: Chicago
Designer: Thomas Schlesser

You may remember my initial post about local Chicago favorites; Avec & Blackbird. While I love to post great designs, whether we have been there or not, it is always a fabulous treat to experience the design first hand. This is exactly what I had the chance to do a while back when I was invited by two kick-ass girls I had the privilege of working with while at Nate Berkus Associates.

The interior is great. It is simple, clean and unfussy. The best part, besides the food, was the heath ceramics it was served on. The only design update that was unfavorable, the layout. For the tight space they did a great job maximizing space and figuring out how to seat as many people possible while still allowing servers to come by with food. Unfortunately the entry area was a bit too tight and made for a very awkward and constantly shifting, wait for out table. Overall the experience was extremely enjoyable and the food was amazing, I can't wait to go back!


Image via Avec/Blackbird

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...